Cellulite could quite possibly be the most annoying thing that affects many women. It doesn't matter if you are stick thin, overweight, or someone who maintains a healthy weight. Celulite can be caused by a number of reasons, therefore it can affect many different body types. Women's health magazine says if affects about 90% of women. So don't worry you're not alone.
What exactly is Celulite and how can we prevent it?
Cellulite is that annoying fatty area on the skin with little dimples that are visible to the naked eye. This happens when enlarged fat cells found underneath the top layer of the skin squeeze between bands of connective tissue, or collagen. In a woman's body the connective tissue is vertical, while men's connective tissue is angled making it harder for the fatty tissue to push through towards the skin. Lucky them.
While some cellulite might be hereditary, there are other causes that are preventable!
Here are 6 easy steps to beat cellulite.
1. Eat healthy, low fat foods such as fruits, vegetables, fiber and lean proteins. Avoid artificial sugars and preservatives. Anything in a package with a shelf life is typically a no no.
2. Exercize regularly and maintain a healthy weight. If you work at a desk take a few extra minutes each day to stand up and walk around to get the blood flowing.
3. Help your circulation with stretching and foam rolling. You can also try skin brushing.
4. Stay hydrated. Try to drink roughly 2 liters (8 cups) per day.
5. Sleep, has a big impact on weight because of the hormones we produce. In an este Lauder study they found that sleep majorly impacts the skins tightness and elasticity, fine lines, and uneven skin tone. Bottom line make sure to get 7-8 hours a night.
6. Reduce stress! Stress causes the "stress" hormone, cortisol to over produce and eventually lead to an insulin spike. Spikes in insulin cause the body to increase water retention and the storage of excess fat. When you are stressed your body has to work over time and the typical function is out of whack. Try your best to relax, I know how easy it is to get stressed.
Now that you have a little more information, you can get your booty ready just in time for the beach.